Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Highland Shadow

Faith,
That powerful motivator
Descends each time I grace these walls
Walk these paths of mine history.

I lose myself
Wonder
Does my deity
or the faith of these old souls protect me?
Do prayers travel upon the breeze
Following the coast of my existence
To settle upon me
Wrap themselves around my branches
Through my leaves
To cause me to sing this song
Survival
And it's delicate variations
For my forest to hear?

For Jesus is real?
For real?
For living is real
Death is mystery
Faith, obedience
Obedience, structure
An attachment to that which methodically
Is torn down by it's very architect
Truth.

Each time I return
I understand a little more
Acquiescence a little more
Because the spirit too is me
Despite my will to abolish it
From those fields of my follies...
©2014clarencecbess

No comments: