Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunshine

Took a dip in sunshine
Burned my eyes
But I felt fine
Cause I woke up in the light of understanding
We
Instead of me
My
Self and I;
Want nothing more
Than rays
Bright yellows
Sweet oranges
Peeled back revealing
Dampened divinity of all that could be
With each bite decided to take.

Took a bath in sunshine
Changed my flesh
But I feel fine
Staring back at me
In the reflection of your heart
Sweet mandarin to my often bitter berry
Of doubt;
Too many questions without
Answers
I don't really want to hear
Because as I just learned
It is my nature
My bitter peel
To protect my sweet
From jaws seeking to ravage
Quech
Hunger to ingest
Swallowing another
One
Of
Us
Taken from our trees premature
Left to ripen in crates
We have no choice but to be placed in.

I wait for the drip, drip
Sticky destruction
Of my nature sublime...

And maybe,
Just maybe,
I'll be yours in time.
©2012clarencecbess

No comments: