Thursday, August 23, 2012

Reduction

Another sad love song
And I look to faces who interpret me
Still
Upon some mule
Belongings in tow
Lost in misery
Mystery
To the point I must look to heaven
Hoping for release.

I want vibrant
Jagged rhythms
Screaching
Screaming as I wake pronouncing
This world too is mine
I have and shall conqure
Am one in the same
Human and living
Not some bastard hound
Ruined and abused waiting for death
At it's master's fee

We are not all the same friend.
We do not all laugh at Madea
 Eat collards
Interrupting the movie with snapping greasy fingers;
We do not all greet each other with nigga
Procreate out of laziness
Need someone to save us
Mold us
Corral us
Reduction us
To children lost
And too many sad songs...

Let us scream
Let us live
Let us
Be!
©2012clarencecbess

No comments: