Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mental Excerpt #1

I ran into an argument
Between a truth
And a dream.
Stood aside
Watching them furiously refute
A prospective soul
They each wished to take
Back to their respective realms.

On truth's side,
Inevitability
Dream's
Character
Each with something to say;
Each with their own good points.

They continued this way for quite some time
Until dream
In an odd moment of peace
Looked my way
And excitedly reported
'There he stands!'
I turned
Thinking he clearly
Was referring to someone else
Only to find I was alone.

'Grab 'em!' yelled inevitability
And though I wanted
Even attempted to run
My feet remained planted
Until I became a flurry of hands
Pulling this way and that
Tearing at the very essence of me.

I awoke the next morning
Still confused
Still me
Still seeking solutions
To complicated equations
I've never understood
And I doubt I ever will
As long as I can dream
And achieve those dreams in turn...
©2011clarencecbess

No comments: