Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CCB's Recurring Dream

Amethyst clouds
Rain precious tears
Which wet my brow
Stain my head
Seeping into my brain
Producing visions
Sweet and disturbing

The nectar clear
There was a flower
I wished to pollinate
Amongst a desperate nature
Of continuation
Illustration
As caricatures
In the form of dead petals
Lay strewn about
Their decomposition
Producing an increased heart rate
As I ran
In an attempt to be free.

Then came a flash
And there was black
Cavernous
Reverberating innocent screams;
I recognized those
With an ever-increasing clarity
As those of my children
Whose souls had been ingested
By the creature of many names
I never saw
But distinctly knew
Was just behind me,
It's breath a fiery mist
Of incompetence and death.

Further still I dove
past images familiar
Into a nocturnal soup
Of rose-tinged eyes
And violet songs
Lifted against unfinished things
Which torched my innocence
Leaving me an empty grave
In search of a shell
And ancient words to warn those
Remind those
Of an ultimate end.

Into my reverie I stared
As every thing blurred
And with no place to rest
I let go
Let it all take me
Assured that I would end up at peace
Whether that be death
Or the realization that comes
Before one's ultimate achievements
As they establish their place
As I would
Amongst the living...
©2011clarencecbess

No comments: