Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mother Winter

Released from her womb
Forever I fell into doom
And questions within eyes
Each time that I pass them by
Of happenstance and why

But fate looms
On God's own plan
With my hands so dry
I try to make a man
Out of the boy
Which hides inside
Staring blankly out through eyes
Of happenstance and why

Each day I wake to look around
Try to make adjustments
To the changing sounds
Of my country
My skin tone
By sunset I realize each day
I am all alone
Cold
Without a home
Without a grave to rest my bones
I'm scattered to the wind
Increasingly unknown

She released from her womb
Left her consequence
And now I fall through doom
Part of a soul
part of a plan
Everything not of my own
Except my drying hands
I cannot hide
Each time they pass me by
In this rotation
Of happenstance and why...
©2011clarencecbess

No comments: