Sunday, January 9, 2011

After Dreams

Chilly sunrise welcomes me
Fading song sticking after dreams
Tired man speaks as they pass by
Within his eyes I lose myself and die
A thousand times a thousand so completely

Says we traded warrior for killing arms
Farms for rows of corn across the crown
Despite a freedom, most are still held down
No cause to fight, no reason to be better
Relying on what hopefully comes later

Blind, he asked me for a favor
My father taught me to be better
Pretending not to notice I tell him later
Make my way on illusions that it's safer
Somewhere underground within my mind

The more I look, the more I want to bleed
I petrify
Lost in never wanting to be me
Haunted, sometimes guided by my dreams
I scream at mysteries

He said it's our destiny to be denied
The more I look around, I think he's right...
©2011clarencecbess

No comments: