Saturday, May 29, 2010

Don't Read Me

Inspired by Prince's "Don't Play Me"...

"Don't Read Me"

Don't read me
Thinking
You are
Knowing
Becoming
Feeling
Me
Underneath my
History
Staring back at my dreams.

Don't read me
Try to figure me
Between my lines
Underneath my stanzas;
You couldn't read enough of me anyhow
To see enough of me
Anyhow
Or way
Know me
Between my sheets
Enveloped
In the way my beats
Play
When you're not hearing me
Divulging me
And moments passed
I try best to explain
In that art of moving on
Which damns me
Figures me
So fine.

Don't read me
Hear me
Resonate me
Reverberate the soul
As my passion plays
In the consciousness of you
And I
Together
Between my beats
Underneath my sheets
And the stanzas that fall
Hard
Extended
Unprotected so beautifully...
©2010clarencecbess

No comments: