Monday, May 17, 2010

At The Edge Of A Verse

If you asked me now
What would I say
Looking in your eyes so far away
There where your heart stays
Plays in things that make me sing
Sad songs of broken dreams

If you asked me now
I'm afraid I would fall
Back into your arms
And all of your songs that sing
Promises untrue of the greatest things
You could bring my heart
But lock away in your misery
Which somehow I must breathe
In order to be
In this moment still
Broken and barren of all my will

If I asked you now
What would you say
Of the truth I placed in front of you?
Could you love me now
Open and free as the things that come to me
When I see you smile
When you're holding me
And all's like poetry
Flowing
Making me high
Seeing things I never thought to know
Then
But need to know now
Here at the edge of the verse that is you...
©2010clarencecbess

No comments: