Saturday, February 13, 2010

Until Today

In some other time
I saw your smile
But it wasn't the right face

Some time long ago
Arms held me
But they weren't yours

In some other dream
You ran to me
But it wasn't you when I awoke

Until today

In some other pain
I understood what passion was
Upon some other heart
I chose to let go
Head another way
Because I didn't need the drama
That is

Until today

In some other song
They said they loved me
But it wasn't your voice

In another life
I thought I found complete
But you can't go to heaven
On half a soul

With some other dance
I was alone
And I thought
That was my fate

Until today

In some other bed
I lay awake
Feeling soiled
Ashamed

Jumped in a shower
To wash away
Held my breath
Beneath the stream
Just to feel safe

Until today...
©2010clarencecbess

No comments: